New, question about aircraft

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: BKirkham

Re: New, question about aircraft

Postby AAC0722 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I thought it was probably related to the airline, and noticed yours was PAA.
According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes) AAC is Army Air Corps, UK based and formed in 1942. Interesting.

I thought I'd chosen BOAC and I'm not desperate to change it, I just wondered if it represented some form of commitment on my part to fly mostly with 'AAC' however they were.
But as I can choose any airline its not a problem.

I'd initially assumed it stood for American Airways C????? and wondered what the C????? was.
Thanks.

edit: Ah okay, but I see from google it can stand for many different things. Here it stands for Atlantic Air Cargo (http://www.historicairlinegroup.com/ind ... urairlines)
AAC0722

Postby Dave Reed » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:37 pm

AAC is Atlantic Air Cargo. Has no real meaning to you as you can fly any aircraft with any airline.
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby WAL0632 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:57 am

According to this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes_(A)

AAC is the UK Army Air Corps. ??
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliners
www.calclassic.com
WAL0632

Postby Dave Reed » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Every pilot has an airline code associated with their ID number. It can be any airline you choose. AAC is just the default one if you don't specify one. If you want to specify one now, just let me know, it's a simple change.

Atlantic Air Cargo Inc is a DC-3 cargo operator based in Opa Locka FL. We have numerous flights for them. They do not have an airline code, so we use AAC. Normally they just use their aircraft n-number, i.e., N705GB. Atlantic Air Cargo is owned by the Castrillo brothers. Ernesto is the President, Director of Maintenance and chief inspector. His brother Julio is the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot. They operate under FAR 135 as an On Demand Cargo & Freight carrier. Where I work, Aero Charter Inc, we are also a Part 135 On Demand carrier, but for passengers. We went to the trouble of getting a code (GLT/Gaslight). Atlantic Air Cargo just chose not to. They just use their n-numbers.

DR
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby AAC0724 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:13 am

PAA0691 wrote:
AAC0722 wrote:My pilot id starts with 'AAC'. Any idea what that's an abbreviation for? Do we keep the same id or can you swap?
(not sure if I would, just wondered, thanks).

Hmmm... is an excellent question what ACC means... I don't know, sorry.
But if you wanna change it, may be David (Reed) can help you...

In my case I choose to fly only for Pan American Arlines, but you can swap and fly any airline you want in HAG :) that's the beauty of this great VA/Group!

It stands for Atlantic Air Cargo.

It the first airline in the list of airlines that HAG emulates.

It is probably the default airline in the application so unless you choose a different one, that's the pilot number that gets assigned.

Mine is AAC also.
AAC0724

Previous

Return to General Topics