Endless Odyssey

Moderator: BKirkham

Endless Odyssey

Postby Dave Reed » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 am

Started my latest fad, where I always takeoff from wherever I landed last. This odyssey began in Boston, when I flew A Piedmont 727 to Charlotte and then Chicago O'Hare. From Chicago I flew an American 707 to New York JFK. Next it was British Airways to Lisbon via London, using an L1011 and a VC10. From Lisbon I flew back to New York on a Swissair DC8. Back into a freighter, I next flew a 747F to Long Beach and that brings us to the photo below, heading out at sunrise from Long Beach to Anchorage in the 747F again. After landing in Anchorage I'm slated to fly a DC6 to Unalakleet, Alaska and back to Anchorage. From there, who knows?

Dave Reed
Site Admin

Re: Endless Odyssey

Postby Dave Reed » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Climbing out of Anchorage with a load of oil field workers, 60 plus equipment on my combi DC-6A.

Level at 17,000', heading down the coast to Seattle. It's a 5+30 flight, so as the suns begins to set over the Pacific we serve dinner, a basic box lunch. Those P&W R2800's ought to put everyone to sleep in no time.
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby PAA0691 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 am

Lovely screenshots. AND LOVELY PLANE! The DC6 is so beautiful!
PAA0691

Postby Dave Reed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:56 pm

Thanks. I’ve been working on it all weekend, getting the number of windows correct, door lines correct, etc. in these pictures above the windows are not right and the titles are too big. I think you’ll like the revised one when I’m done, the textures will be posted in flightsim.com.

We’re adding some charter passenger flights for Seven Seas using this DC-6. These will be military charters, hauling the troops around from base to base. Right now Seven Seas only carries passengers on combo flights in the South Pacific so this will be something new for us. Pics of the new paint scheme when it’s done!
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby Dave Reed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Textures done!

N303PX with N313PX that I have as an AI aircraft. Started this trip and surprise! She's parked at the next gate. :)
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Return to Screen Shots