Panels

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: BKirkham

Panels

Postby Dave Reed » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Does anyone else enjoy creating panels?

Here is my latest 727 panel. It has changed about a billion times over the last ten years, but I still enjoy creating and modifying panels. If you have FS Panel Studio ($18.43 on Amazon) you can do anything you like. Two more things are essential: A good instrument library and a paint program.

For instruments I just download all the panels from HJG. They have a great selection of quality, period instruments to choose from. Once the airplane's panel is installed in Flight Sim, the gauges will appear in FS Panel Studio. The paint program is necessary because you often need to make changes to the background image (the actual panel). I use Corel PaintShop Pro 8 ($46 on Amazon), because you can do just about anything. Earlier version like PaintShop Pro7 work just as well and are often less than $20. Notice the lighting effects at the top of the main panel. This was done using PaintShop Pro. Not hard to learn, the more you use it, the better you get.

Dave Reed
Site Admin

Re: Panels

Postby PAA0691 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 am

Very interesting stuff! You make it sound easy Dave :P love the "old fashioned panels" (0% digital / 100% analog I mean).
PAA0691

Return to General Topics