Fuel and payload question.

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: BKirkham

Fuel and payload question.

Postby PAA0667 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:39 am

Gents,

As i want to make my flights more realistic with correct weight of cargo and fuel. I have a question about the fuel consumption.

Where can I find the fuel consumption on average per hour of the aircraft you want to fly with at that moment?
There are a few online planners, but these are usually not for the oldies we fly 8-)

And for example during the trip of the week it is indicated how many passengers there are, how do I adjust these in Kacars.
And wat should i take as average weight for an passenger to calculate my weight?

If there are more tips, I would like to hear them please :D

Greets Marcel
PAA0667

Re: Fuel and payload question.

Postby Dave Reed » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:51 am

Typically the average passenger weight is 180 lbs, and the average checked bag weighs 25 lbs.

As for fuel burn, the best way to go is to see what you airplane burns during an actual flight. What the real airplane burns and what your model actually burns can be considerably different. Note the fuel at the start. Taxi out and climb to altitude, then check and see why you’ve burned so far. Next, fly the trip and when you start your descent, check the fuel quantity again and see what you burned in cruise. Divide by the hours spent in cruise and get an average hourly fuel burn. After landing check again and see what it burns in descent and landing.

Flight planner function will show an estimated fuel burn but I find this figure is usually not accurate at all. Tell you what, I’ll add a page on the About Us tab detailing proper flight plannng
Dave Reed
Site Admin

Postby PAA0691 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

Dave Reed wrote:Flight planner function will show an estimated fuel burn but I find this figure is usually not accurate at all. Tell you what, I’ll add a page on the About Us tab detailing proper flight plannng

That would be great! Thanks! I mess with Fuel consumption too :(
PAA0691

Postby PAA0667 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Thank you Dave for the help.

I will definitely use this. And an extra page for flight planning is a great idea.
PAA0667

Postby PAA0667 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 pm

And the page is already active. Thank you Dave.

Greets Marcel
PAA0667

Postby EAL0739 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 am

Bear in mind that any freeware or payware add on plane might not have realistic fuel consumption rate and you would need to modify aircraft.cfg in order to get real world realistic fuel consumption rate.
Regards,

EAL0739 Aharon Dayan
EAL0739

Postby PAA0667 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:53 pm

And there is an expansion in the flight plannings page. There is also an explanation about sid and stars.
Thank you very much.
PAA0667

Return to General Topics