DC-8 Doing Caribbean Service

Moderator: BKirkham

DC-8 Doing Caribbean Service

Postby EAL0739 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:26 am

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice sunset take off from MDSD Las Américas International Airport located in Punta Caucedom near Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic for night flight to TIST Cyril E. King Airport located two miles west of the central business district of Charlotte Amalie on the island of St. Thomas in the United States Virgin Islands.

On climb to FL230 after take off from runway 35 with background view of lightened highway route 3 coming out of city of Santo Domingo

Still climbing to FL230

Nice sunset view during take off and climb with background view of Santo Domingo

Making left turn toward eastward

Approaching city of Santo Domingo

Still on climb toward east flying past Santo Domingo

Leaving city of Santo Domingo behind

Passing the airport of departure which can be seen above suburb city of Andres located just behind the flaps of the wing

Flying past city of San Pedro De Macoris

Wing view of cool sunset while flying past city of La Romana and island of Isla Catalina

Nice sunset view over island of Dominican Republic

Cruising at FL230

Cruising across Caribbean sea flying past island of Isla de Mona

Descending from FL230 to 10,000 ft past San Juan, Puerto Rico

If you look below the lake of San Juan that has two names: Laguana Los Corozos and Laguna San Jose, you can see TJTJ San Juan international airport

Sorry no touchdown screenshots as it was too dark to take screenshots so exiting from runway 10 into taxiway E after landing

Holding position on taxiway E awaiting for clearance from TIST ground controller for taxi to gate

Arrived at gate and powered down engines

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Regards,

EAL0739 Aharon Dayan

EAL0739

Re: DC-8 Doing Caribbean Service

Postby PAA0691 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Man! your sim looks gorgeous. Are you using addition soft like REX, Night Environment, Active Sky?
Congrats for the pics, and AGAIN for your knowledge of the geography you fly over!
PAA0691

Postby David Reed » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm

What he said! Awesome photos! You should try using one of our own airlines ;)
David Reed
Site Admin

Postby EAL0739 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:19 am

PAA0691 wrote:Man! your sim looks gorgeous. Are you using addition soft like REX, Night Environment, Active Sky? Congrats for the pics, and AGAIN for your knowledge of the geography you fly over!

Thanks for your kind words. I am not using REX or NE or AS. Everything is FSX default and the plane is freeware HJG model.

Regards,

Aharon
Regards,

EAL0739 Aharon Dayan

EAL0739

Postby EAL0739 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am

Dave Reed wrote:What he said! Awesome photos! You should try using one of our own airlines ;)

Dave,

Thank you for kind words. Of course I am using your airlines as specified by your VA rules. I just thought you and your pilots would appreciate my nice screenshot posts showing history of commercial aviation if that is okay with you.

Regards,

Aharon
Regards,

EAL0739 Aharon Dayan

EAL0739

Postby PAA0691 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:25 pm

EAL0739 wrote:
PAA0691 wrote:Man! your sim looks gorgeous. Are you using addition soft like REX, Night Environment, Active Sky? Congrats for the pics, and AGAIN for your knowledge of the geography you fly over!

Thanks for your kind words. I am not using REX or NE or AS. Everything is FSX default and the plane is freeware HJG model.

Regards,

Aharon

WOW x 2. Or better: WOW! x 3!
PAA0691

Return to Screen Shots